Tuesday, April 17, 2007

My visit to the CIT

Last evening, I rang up CIT and asked the guy if I've got to bring any software to reformat my laptop.

CIT: Do you have any software?

Me: Erm. Not v sure. But I don't think so.

CIT: Then dun need loh.

Me: How long will reformatting take?

CIT: Depends loh.

Me: What you mean?

CIT: You come earlier then take shorter loh. Come later then take longer loh.

Me: Erm.. ok so what time you suggest that I go over?

CIT: We open at 8am.

Me: Hmm..

CIT: Bye.

haha the guy who spoke to me was damn funny. Half the time he wasn't answering what I asked. Anw I turned up this morning at 9am and asked for reformatting. The guy said no need. Imaging would do. That's like the first time I heard of imaging man. So noob. Basically it works like reformatting it's like copy and paste over your original version kind of thing. Then he said 45 mins and I could go. 45 mins later he said something wrong with the imaging. So 3 of the CIT guys tried to figure out what's wrong with my laptop for 1 whole hour. I asked them if there's anything wrong with my laptop. One guy said, "worst case reformat loh." (again not answering my question). Then after a while they decided there wasn't much they could do and decided to reformat my laptop.

Anyway what happened to my laptop was BOS aka bluescreen of death. A bluescreen pops up and says something like memory dumping and the laptop basically keeps restarting itself even before it reaches the log on screen. It restarted like at least 50 times early afternoon yesterday so I got so fed up I just switched it off.

Yup so anw back to my story by then it was like 11+ already and I still didn't know what was wrong with my laptop. So I left it at CIT and went down to bugis to meet Jess for lunch. Haven't seen her for quite a while her hair became long already. Miss talking to her man. But hardly get to see her cos both of us havent been to climbing for a while. She so sweet bought me lunch and durian rolls! Heeehee.

Then after that I went back to school and the CIT guy said cannot even reformat my laptop. Then he said dunno why my C drive became my D drive and my D drive became my C drive. Then he said it might be the hardware problem. So I waited and waited and a while later he said, "oh now dunno why your partition gone already. Your C and D drives became one drive." It was quite hilarious seriously but I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. And then he said better wait for the IBM guy to come and asked me to go home first. Might have to send to IBM for repair. Luckily still under warranty!!! =D

Came back to Woodlands decided to buy tickets for Meet the Robinsons since my brother has been bugging me to watch together with him. Came home and mum nagged cos I got so much rubbish in my room and the stacks of papers I have.. damn horrible you won't wanna see my room. So horrible that I can't stand seeing the scene myself so I decided to tidy my room. Haha I cleared SIX terms of stuff. I haven't done anything to any of my notes since year 1 sem 1 in SMU. And today I threw EVERYTHING away. Now my room looks empty. Hehee while cleaning up my room I found some old pictures and a Jay Chou CD (I don't know why it was in my stack of notes. And I have a feeling that the CD is Jianwei's) Then I found my offer letter from LSE. Some photocopied result slips that were used to apply for uni admissions. Haha my notes were THAT old. And I was quite thrilled to find my job shadowing report at Mount Elizabeth Hospital where I was attached to a surgeon after my A levels. Haha I have gross photos on my report. Almost forgotten about those days with Jervis and can't-remember-his-name. I still remember that day we went to NUH (I think) to watch a surgery. It was like a fat indian guy who had stomach tumor or something. When they cut opened his belly.. oh man.. his belly.. the layers of fats are like never ending loh. Then the surgeons pulled out his intestines and were trying to find the tumor I think. Like treasure hunt lidat. Haha those days were fun. Then we also went to like Intensive Care Units and were attached to so many hospital departments. Oh ya got this Lab one. Like we went to look at cancerous cells under the microscope. And like go see how they mix all the hospital drips, nutrient drips. I still remembered that the girl said got to mix in the correct order. Got sequence one. But I still think that doctors lead sad lives because it is quite boring.

Wonder when I will be getting back my laptop. Luckily still got my brother and dad's desktop that I can use. Actually my brother's desktop is like shared between both of us one, cos both of us chipped in for the payment but he conveniently calls it "his desktop". As for my dad's desktop, I probably won't be using it cos got no dota installed.

1 month till the start of my intern. Haha not like so many pple who are starting work next week. But I wan to work to save up to travel when I'm on exchange. Jess says she got a friend who owns and guitar shop and hires guitar experts to work in the shop.

!!!!!!!!

Hope I will be able to work there part time and get some pointers from the guitar pros!

No comments: