Saturday, March 10, 2007

SMU WCG 2007 Champs!

Hhahaha first time I won in a dota comp so happy.

But it was damn crazy man. I took a cab down from Balestier there to SMU. Usually takes about 10-15 mins. Today it took freaking 40 mins cos everyone going to Suntec for the Stupid IT fair. From Bugis --> SMU = 30 mins stuck in traffic jam. zzz

So I thought I was the lastest. But I wasn't. Paul was. Our warlock. Key player in the game. We had to start at 5pm or we would be disqualified. So we started loh. 5 v 4. I was using RK and was in same lane as lich, opposing Tidehunter and Veno. It was quite scary. Damn tense. I thought for a moment we would lose already. Then shaun got first blooded and died. I think in the first few levels my team died 4 times. Morale was a bit low. But we were holding the lanes. When my RK was level 7 Paul came and used his level 1 Warlock which we had left in the fountain for him. By then all the opponents at least level 5 already. So Paul came to my lane and Lich went elsewhere and I was so scared he would get killed. Had to make sure I always had stun ready to save his ass. After that things went pretty well and we won the semi finals eventually.

And then we went to play in finals and won.

Our team will be representing SMU in Singapore WCG 2007 in June. Haha quite looking forward to get thrashed. Seriously. Think even if it's round robin kind of game also sure cannot win at least a game one. SMU is too small to breed exceptional dota players.

Well at least I won a Samsung Mp3 player. (hope it's not 128Mb. zzz)

Oh yea and dinner was free. We had zhu chao. Thanx Gamers Irregulars! The stingray that JC ordered was damnnnn nice. My sambal Kangkong was damn nice too! yumyum.

I am going to abstain from dota for a few days. Playing for leisure is fun but when you play to train for competitive games it is damn sian.

Tonight I think I can go to bed by 1am. Finally. =)

Oh yea got to change my bedsheet. Alot of bed bugs. Damn itchy.

No comments: