Sunday, December 04, 2005

Not a callable bond

You make me feel like I'm a callable bond.
When you want me, I'll be here.
When you don't want me, I can be thrown aside.
Just as and when you like it.
You call this commitment?
I think you're being too selfish here.
You're the only one who's happy you know. Not me.

There's just no communication between us.
Exams exams exams. They're just excuses.
Already hardly see each other.
Is it that hard to just spare a few minutes of your time a day for a short phone call?
Or just a few smses to ask how I'm doing?
By the way, I don't consider smses like "morning!" and "good night!" any form of communication.
They're statements.

You know I don't like to be stuck forever in a dating game.
It's just a lame term for people who don't want to commit and who want to be in unofficial relationships. So that they won't lose that freedom to flirt around and fancy other people at the same time. So that they can call many other people "gf/bf" or "darling" at the same time. If that's the way you want it, go find someone who thinks likewise.

Chances. Chances. And more chances.
Just how many chances are enough?
Not chances to prove your worth to me.
But chances to prove that you're really not worth it.
I'm sick of giving.
I'm sick of waiting to see what happens.
Frankly, I'm lost.
I don't see this going anywhere.
And I'm pretty sure it's not me.

Seriously, most of my guy friends treat me better than you do.
And I don't know why I'm just so stupid.
I can't be coaxed with just some sweets and honey-coated words or some empty promises when the next moment you go into hiding again. That brief attention of 5 mins a day out of 24 hours. And I know its not because of exams. You're just plain unwilling to give.
That's not the way you make someone happy.
And that's if you were intending to make someone happy in the first place and not being too preoccupied with your own happiness.

Old friends of mine think that I'm too hesitant in relationships.
I think they're so darn right.
I'm sick of not being able to make up my mind.
Or rather making decisions but not being able to stand by them.
In the end, everyone gets hurt.

This time,
for all those hearts I've broken in the past,
for people I've rejected or let down,
I'm going not going to be hesitant anymore.

That was the last chance I gave you.
You didn't manage to prove your worth.

Sayonara.

1 comment:

her said...

Hey Manchi!! Was browsing through your blog (got it through friendster) and found that your this entry speaks the exact feelings of mine! My relationship with my him is this ambiguous as well.. Can we all say men are selfish? Lol..

Take care girl, and see ya ard in school!!