Sunday, December 10, 2006

1 min = 2 dollars

When my booking for my train from Cambridge to Bath Spa was made online, it stated "depart at 545"

When I got my tickets, it said "depart at 730"

I thought there might have been a delay, so I reached the Cambridge station at 715 according to the 730 schedule. And it was only then when I realized depart at 730 meant depart from London Euston at 730 and then all of a sudden everything made sense to me. Like depart from Cambridge at 545 to London Euston and depart from London Euston at 730. Like wtf seriously I was damn pissed cos when I went to check tickets online I typed in "Cambridge" in the FROM field and "Bath Spa" in the TO field. So obviously if you tell me 730 it means getting out of Cambridge at that time what. London Euston was just damn off.

And then I reached the station 2 hours late and duh my train wasn't there anymore. But wait. Hoho luckily there was still a train leaving at 930 so I could catch that train right? Theoretically yes. But I couldn't use my train ticket cos it said "valid at 730" so I had to buy a new ticket on the spot. The ticket I had bought online was 12.50 pounds. And the ticket I bought at the station, the cheapest one, was 44 pounds. HELLO. WHO EVER PAYS 140 SGD for an hour's train ride???!!! 140 bucks I can fly to Krabi and back. I can spend 3D/2N at Genting, accomodation INCLUDED.

Every minute spent in the train was 2 bucks. Imagine the agony I was going through.

Bleargh. Shant let this spoil my mood for the journey cos it's been perfect so far! Going to the roman baths tmr! Whee. (very reluctantly)

No comments: