Of the cherries I brought home, half were almost rotting.
The rabbit meat had mould on it already.
Out of the 3 fresh figs I bought from Cambridge, I managed to bring a super bruised one back and forced my parents to try it. Apparently the ang moh said the white part is edible but I thought it was bitter so I only ate the red part which was inside the white part.
Blame it all on the 16 hour flight. And they were hand carried. Just that I had to put them in the plane compartment.
The prickly pear was surprisingly "hardy". It survived the long flight. And it's really quite nice. Looks like a dragon fruit on the outside, the flesh tastes like how a prickly pear tastes like (i really dunno how to describe it), the seeds were like guava seeds just that I thought they were slightly more disgestible.
The day before I left, when I was in the Tube, I felt how James Blunt felt when he wrote the song "You're beautiful" (I think he felt how I felt but I'm not sure). Just that it wasn't on the subway, and there was no other man, and it wasn't crowded and I wasn't walking on by.
Anw after being to London Heathrow Airport, I really do appreciate Singapore Airport. I guess they were scared of terrorist attacks so the checks were like damn thorough. Everyone had to take of his/her shoes to put through the scanner thing. Like I'm so sure I can put a bomb in my shoe. Then we're only allowed to bring ONE bag up the plane but I can't think of a reason for that. Cos I had a daypack and a crumpler sling bag and they wouldn't let me pass. Then I put both bags into one big plastic bag and they let me through. (which was probably why my fruits and rabbit meat ended up spoiled cos I had to squeeze all of them plus my chocolates and souveniors into one bag) Then you can't take any bottles over 100ml onto the plane even if they're empty. So if you got like facial cleansers or shampoo or bath foam or water bottles or even toothpaste u gotta leave them behind. And there was no way I could leave my pink, quite new, nalgene bottle which has been with me to so many places in UK behind. So I sneaked it onto the plane. Hohoho. But aiya it's seriously quite dumb. I think they think that some terrorist cum chemist will end up mixing stuff in the plane lavatory and then set the plane on fire.
Nevertheless, my holidayyy was greeeaatttt! =)
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment