Wednesday, December 13, 2006

UK 2006

The Eye of London sits next to River Thames.


Castle Combe.



Castle Combe really deserves the title of England's Prettiest Village.


Trafalgar Square


Camden Lock - Horse Hospital Antique market

National Gallery


The line of Kings


Henry VIII's armor


This we all must remember.


When ravens leave the tower of London, the monarchy will fall.


Tower of London.


Tower Bridge.


The Monument


The stairs in the Monument never end. Haha I actually got a certificate for climbing up to the top.


St Paul's Cathedral. It looks so so on the outside. Wait till you go in. I was stunned by its beauty. The dome and the painted glass and the mosaics..


Night view of St Paul's.


Karl Marx's grave at Highgate Cemetary.


Street Performer at Covent Garden.

Chicago!


I watched Phantom of the Opera in London. Quite disappointing. But I still thought it was worth the money.


Argh. Why is it dark all the time?


Big Ben and Westminister.


I made a few friends there, some pigeons and some squirrels.



And Moira became my friend too. She's a lovely lady. =) Both of us spent like an hour just feeding squirrels in the park. Squirrels love her pocket cos it's filled with nuts.


Buckingham Palace.


Torn between space and time at Greenwich.


Hampton Court Palace.


Pretty pretty!


I think I have talent for taking photographs =p


As happy as can be.


World famous Hampton Court Palace Garden Maze. I completed it! =)


Trinity College, Cambridge


The decos on the schools of Cambridge are really quite nice.



This is why I say Cambridge is DAMN PRETTY.


On the river.


And I had a go at punting! Trust me it's not easy.


I love the festive mood there =)


And Guess who I saw in Bath? Yanying!!! Haven't seen her for like 5 years. The world is really that small. She travelled down to Bath from Bristol on the same day I travelled down to Bath from Cambridge.


The Roman Baths.


The water is soo warmmmmmm... Gave me a fuzzy feeling in the cold winter.


Bath is a very old town.

Even the water cooler is sooo niceeee.

Stonehenge! F***king cold. I could hear nothing but the wind.



Avebury. On the way there I saw soo many farm animals! Like sheeps and cows and horses. And I passed by one of the world's most famous training grounds for race horses too. And I saw a crop circle which is SO rare in winter saw white horses and silbury hill, the largest man-made hill ever. If I get to go there again next time I'll definitely opt for farm stays and then rent a car and do road trips! =)


Stone circle at Avebury.


I caught Santa climbing up to someone's window!


This is Harry Potter's Parent's house in the movie.


This is another lady I met while I was travelling. She's from KL and she's a very kind lady as well. haha she wants me in almost all her pictures so cute. She told me to look her up when I go KL in the future.. and she'll play host!

And of course besides travelling alone, I met up with some of my good friends too! =)


mini RGS/RJC gathering in London.

It really takes quite abit of courage to eat ICE CREAM in winter. Thortons ice cream! yumyum. At least now I know what Rhubarb is haha.

Mussel mania. Close to having 1 KG of mussels each.

mini S03f gathering. It's so funny that we still remember Jiayao's nick names like Gay Phua and Amoephua. So many RJ pple at Cambridge! But a pity didn't bump into that many of them.

Overall, this definitely has been a very very very good trip. Travelling alone is really really really a very good experience. A lot of decisions to make by myself. I get to go to places I really wanna go see places I really wanna see dun even have to compromise. It's just so carefree. And of course all these pictures under-represent the fun and joy I had, by so so so much. The memories and experiences I have gone through, they are already etched in my heart.

No comments: