Sunday, December 31, 2006

Testers redefined

When I was in Hong Kong, I walked into a 7-11 store.

I saw many different types of hand cream and at this corner of the shelf I saw this dunno what brand hand cream with testers. Knowing how cheap thrill girls (and I) can get, obviously I went to try and squeezed a small drop of the hand cream onto my hands.

Then this lady working at 7-11 saw me and she said with the “why did you steal the cookies from the cookie jar” face, “小姐,对不起,这个不可以试的.”

So I looked at the tester again. It has a sticker on it that says “tester” and “试用品”underneath it. So I said, “它明明写着是试用品的嘛.”

“对,但这个试用品是不可以试的.”



“试用品不可以试那叫试用品干什么?”

“这个试用品是放在外面让别人知道它的盒子里面的产品的size”

Oh I see. Next time don’t anyhow try testers even if your hands feel the itch because some testers cannot be tested. This is because some people are so stupid cos even by looking at the “7ml” written on the packaging they won’t know the actual size of the product. Like 7ml can mean the size of a swimming pool or it can also mean the size of a pin head.

Either I am being over critical or the lady at the 7-11 was trying to entertain herself by being funny because it can get so boring working at a 7-11 because it is now a 24 hour shop and not from 7am to 11pm anymore or the person who pasted that tester label didn’t know English (AND CHINESE).

FYI, it is the Jordan MTR station B1 exit 7-11 in Hong Kong. Trust me when I say women bear grudges.

No comments: