There was a mini hokkaido fair below lido on Saturday, selling seaweed and dried scallops and dried squid...
My mum recently got infected by this "eat healthy" virus. From drink soup --> eat rice and vegge and meat --> eat fruits sequence changed to eat sweet potato--> eat salad --> eat fruit --> drink soup --> eat rice and vegge and meat. Then she likes to add all the seaweed stuff cos it's healthy (that kind you see in miso soup).
So I saw all this diff varieties of seaweed at the fair and decided to buy for her. 3 types of seaweed:
1) throw in soup kind (aka miso soup kind)
2) need to soak for 30 mins then boil for 5 mins kind
3) white colour kind. (looks like the "moult" of snakes)
I bought all 3.
The auntie asked if I needed instruction sheet for 2) and I said YES cos I prob figured my mum wouldn't really know how to cook.
So just now, in the midst of my deep deep nice nice sleep (missing the drool only), she woke me up and said, "eh got 2 cannot eat". I was like HUH? Erm.. I think I spent quite abit of money buying the seaweed considering 1) was like 5 times more expensive than the usual ones you get in Singapore. So, I went to the kitchen. She said that 1) was okay. But she said 2) was too hard for consumption. Then she gave that "eat already sure cannot digest" face. So I tried. Hmm abit the hard. Why ah? I asked her if got soak 30 mins. She was quite shocked, "harh? must soak 30 mins ah? I soaked 10 mins only".
........
Then I asked her if she saw the instruction sheet.
"what instruction sheet?"
"the one that came along with the packet of seaweed"
"Hmmmm.." (then she looked at the dustbin)
Ok nvm. Then the 3) one. Haha that one is gross. It was white before you soak it. After that it became a light shade of green. My mum say it tasted like mucus. Seriously, where got anything in the world taste like mucus cept for mucus itself one? So I tasted it. Wah really like mucus. Now I know why they sold 3) mainly in powder form at the fair. Zzz
Sunday, June 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment