Saturday, July 07, 2007

happy happy happy

I am a happy girl today cos it was my last day of work! Back to days waking up at noon. Hahah. But I am quite upset also cos I miss EVERYONE. I wrote 20 cards for everyone in the office. Took me quite some timeeeee. My boss supposed to be at a conference today then he came back during lunch just to see me cos it was my last day. Damn sweet. Everyone came to my table to bid me farewell. Awwwwww. But I think my happiness > sadness.

The Bain & Co summer party went better than expected. Not like I managed to land an offer on the spot. But I think I made pretty sensible talks. But I was quite shocked cos I expected it to be like all NTU/SMU/NUS people (like the previous one they had that Edmund told me about). This one.. I went in and looked at the name list. OMG. harvard cambridge LSE Upenn Chicago Princeton Imperial... and a couple of local uni students. Stunned. Think I haven't felt so "pressured" in a while. Felt like a small peanut. Throwing egg against stone. But I CANT stand networking sessions because there are always some IRRITATING PEOPLE like some that you have in SMU who talk solely for the purpose of talking. I was on the topic of how ACs merely do data mining. Then this GUY interrupted and asked the big guy "so where do you guys find the information?". HELLO DUN ASK STUPID QUESTION CAN. all the bloomberg and shit and internet lah. then u think numbers magically appear meh. i hate it when people ask dumb questions.

Our band is going to appear on MASLink! wheee they did an interview with us during lunch today. Gonna do photoshoot in a few weeks time. Yay we're going to be famous because MAS is going to support us by exhausting its large pool of reserves. (which might be good in preventing asset and investment bubbles).

Received $100 Isetan Voucher for my performance too. Initially was $200 but they cut it down. But still very happy, though it's probably just enough to cover for all the cab fares when I go home from jamming.

My drummer is getting married next month! I'm going to his wedding. First time I'm invited to a MALAY wedding. Heeheee so excited! but i dunno anything. need to give ang pao? how much? then what time to go? (it wrote 11am to 5pm)

Tonight I planned a surprise party for my dearrrrrr. Wanted to get both his clique and the dota gang to go. But the dota gang couldn't make it. But the rest and us still had fun at brewerkz. Hope this will be a memorable birthday for him.

Yayy. Lazy days ahead.

No comments: