Friday, February 24, 2006

He

He would drive to my place at night to bring me out for ice cream.
He would buy snacks for me from Pick & Bite when I told him I was hungry.
He would send me home from school when I said I was sick.
He would pester me and ask me if I liked him too.
He would come over and bring me out for movie in town.
He would play minesweeper with me and seeing me the next day was the winning stake. (But he always loses)
He would ask me to go to school to study with him because he didn't like studying alone.

I had never told him that I liked him.
I knew it was wrong from the start.
Complex relationships will almost never have happy endings.

That day, I told him that it was time we stopped seeing each other.
Because it was obvious that he still misses her.
I didn't like things to be complex, so I would rather end it early.
To save the tears and the pain.

It didn't hurt much. I was prepared all along.
Waiting for that day to come.

He said he didn't want to be unfair to himself.
Neither did he want to make it unfair for me.
I told him I was prepared to let go. All the while.
Nothing is fair in love and war anyway.
I've learnt that long ago.

But I'm at peace.
No anger.
No hatred.
No angst.
No regrets.

It was but a beautiful dream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes dreams are worth fighting for....take this from someone who thought they would never dream again. Today I live my dreams every day with the woman that completes me in every way.

You don't ever look back and say 'What if...' - if you think you might, then fight for your dream today.