I'm back I'm back I'm back!
So glad to be home. Though I really miss Krabi. Alot.
Mark was there waiting for me at the arrival hall, always ready to carry my luggage for me and lend his hand for support. Went for dinner in town then visited a doctor for the air in my stomach and chest which was causing me great discomfort. Turned out it's like the side effect of the antibiotic I was eating and then the doctor took a look at my wound. He made it sound like the risk of infection was damn high and it'll be damn complicated if I get a joint infection and then I got so scared I just started crying. He put me on a stronger course of antibiotics and some antibacterial cream and wound dressing which won't stick to my wound. Freaking bill was 129 bucks luckily Mark had enough money in his wallet.
Every night before I go to bed I'll think about my wound and think about how I fell and everything is still vivid and it still freaks me out when I think of the bone I saw. I really don't know when I'll get over this shock. But one thing for sure, I won't be climbing anytime in the near future because I want to wait for my knee to heal completely and definitely will take longer time than that for me to regain confidence to do lead climbs. Meanwhile I'll just survive on top rope.
A lesson that I've learnt? If you wanna do a challenging route for your own standard, please do it with top rope (I guess I was too overwhelmed by the wow factor of natural rock climbing that I didnt take that into account). If you wanna do a challenging route for your own standard and you don't wanna do it with top rope, please practise more on your lead falls.
Oh and I actually broke a record. According to the guides there, I'm the first person to actually get injured at Diamond Caves cos it's like an area full of 5s and 6s.
Speedy recovery to myself.
Hope the swell on my knee goes away soon. =(
Monday, August 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment