Will be going back to Singapore tomorrow.. finally.
I think I'll miss Krabi pretty much. It's like a world of its own here... and I don't have to worry about anything in the world. Wake up and eat and walk along the beach and talk to the natives and then go for massages... The people here are generally very friendly... everytime they see me they'll ask about my knee.. I think I've told my story at least 20 times.
I can walk properly already not limping anymore just that if I try to apply too much pressure on it it still hurts.. Duh right. The area is quite swollen.. red and a little itchy and feels a little like muscle ache. Don't think it's infection coz got no pus. But anw I just had some mussels and prawns for dinner. Though my mum always say sure kena infection one I just couldn't resist the seafood temptation here.. my dinner was 500 baht. That's like 22 SGD? damn ex man. At first he said 400 bucks one when the bill came it was 500 and he gave the super irritated face when I tried to reason with him. Bo bian better not anger these kinda unreasonable pple. I just hope I dun kena infection. Eugene and Weizhong say sure will one so I forced the garlic and onions down my throat since they're supposed to "kill germs".
I went for Oil massage yesterday. Went for foot reflexology today. Probably going for another one before I leave tmr. It's like only 10 bucks per hour. Damn cheap la. Oh I bought a Prana chalk bag too for about 30 SGD. It's really nice! Though it's quite stupid considering I won't be able to climb anytime soon.
Oh and I told my mum about my stitches. She was nice about it which makes me feel really much better cos the last thing I'll wanna do is to quarrel with her. Hope she doesn't get freaked out when she sees the swollen knee tmr.
My friends are really nice too. Today I went to Ao Nang and Krabbi Town and they will always turn around and check if I was still following. Some of them will slow down and walk with me. Weizhong will carry me onto the boat because my wound cannot get wet then he always calls me "ah bai" aka bai ka. Jess will hold me when I walk sometimes and she'll change my dressing at night. Neh Neh sent me an email and she sounded as if it's some really really really serious accident. Actually I thought it was pretty serious. I am still very scared when I think of the BONE I saw. Lionel called me from Singapore to ask if I was alright and I said "yes, talk to you tmr. byebye" because long distance calls were expensive. Haha sorry Lionel. Mark will send me smses everyday to ask if I was feeling better.
The rambutans here are really nice la. 1 KG 25 baht which is slightly more than a dollar but I don't know where to get them. It's the kind the skin won't come off with the fruit one and it's very sweet!
Ok time to go back to my room take my medicine and sleep. What a pity I didn't really get to chill at the bars here cos everyones tired from climbing and they turn in early. They're really really nice. The ambience and all... My stomach feels abit funny. Think it's the wind coz I kept burping.
I JUST HOPE MY WOUND WUN GET INFECTION. Pray the onion + garlic + antibiotics will keep the seafood germs at bay.
oh anw the route is called "keep the jam, man" at Diamond caves. If any of you climb that route in the future and you see some blood + some skin near the third bolt from the top it's probably mine.
Sunday, August 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment