Watched Jennifer Aniston's The Breakup. It wasn't too bad. Just that if you're the kind of person who loves happy endings, don't watch it.
There was like this old lady selling goodies outside lido and she looked really old and poor thing. Though Mark and I have already walked past her, we turned back to buy a packet of tissue paper from her.
"Auntie tissue paper how much?"
"You buy the kuey and tissue paper la.. aiya 5 dollars la" (in chinese)
I was so shocked that it was so expensive la. She think abalone or sharks fin kuey ah. But I didn't wanna eat the kuey.
"No la Auntie. Just the tissue paper (one packet only). How much?"
"2 dollars"
I was thinking wth. People sell 3 for 1 dollar I intended to give 1 dollar for one packet and she's asking for 2 dollars?
"1 dollar la auntie. Just one packet"
"cannot. 2 dollars. I hardly get people buying from me so I need more money"
Wth. So does that mean that I have to fork out that extra amt of money just because other people don't take sympathy on you and buy your stuff? It just doesn't make any sense.
Mark and I looked at each other and we paid 2 dollars anyway. Not that we really wanted to give 2 dollars. I mean as much as we wanted to help her I just feel so pissed that some people (esp this harmless looking old lady) can actually make use of other people's sympathy to con their money. Now that I think about it, maybe I should have just walked away.
And the more I think about it, the more pissed I am. Not like I wanna make a damn big deal out of it but you get the idea.
Anw this afternoon I went to the GP again and then he referred me to a specialist which I'll be visiting this coming week (ooo skip lessons) Prob going to take some Xrays there plus an MRI scan. Then he said that if my ligaments are torn/damaged the doc will have to open two small holes at the side of my knee and then put in 2 probes to fix the problem. Sounds damn scary! Like damn serious like that. Pretty worried. Until now I can only bend my knee like halfway. Hope got no complications.
Sunday, August 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Its the crazy lady along the underpass right? My fren says her price is higher cos of the higher property prices in her area compared to other tissue ladies.
no no not that one leh. it's the one standing right outside lido near the ice cream stall one. aiya it's crazy. next time i really won't pay dunno feel damn stupid.
Post a Comment