Saturday, January 14, 2006

I WON IT I WON IT I WON IT!!!!

Oohhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyy gooooooodd!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA
Its like almost 24 hours since they announced the winner for the pageant last night and I still cannot freaking believe I'm Miss Kooshi!!!!
Everyone asked, "so you happy anot"
Haha of course happy lah. But I'm really more surprised than I am happy.
Like I NEVER EVER EVEEERRRRRRR dreamt that I'll like win the pageant man. I thought ok maybe best case still can come in as 2nd runner up. I was quite shocked when they announced that Sam was actually the 2nd runner up. I mean she's a real nice person and she's got super long legs and super good figure.

When Grace announced the 1st runner up, she said "Manchi!!!!"
"Wow" I thought. I didn't think I'll make it even to second place. And I already started strutting to receive my prize when Johnny corrected her that it should be Cherie instead. By then, all the models already started congratulating me while I ws still trying to figure out what happened. Frankly speaking, at that moment in time, I really wished I would get the title of Miss Kooshi. I think it's really paiseh if it turned out to be someone else after they already made a mistake by calling my name for 1st runner up. Like I walked 2m towards the emcees, then I walked back into position. And I wasn't the 1st runners up. And I wasn't Miss Kooshi. Thats how embarassing lahhhhhh!!!

wAhahaha bud I'm still quite happy. I still can't believe I'm Miss Kooshi !!(jiamin prob thinks the judges are blind) I AM MISS KOOSHI!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhh. But Miss Kooshi sounds weird. Like Miss Pee Pee and Miss Wee Wee. Ok thats not the point. And now I'm going to start some Long Long Grandma Story on the whole event yesterday. Just for the record. Haha.

Went down to Reime to do my make up and hair in the afternoon. Damn tired. Haven't had enough sleep for very long already. (And I'm going for overnight cognitare case challenge workshop today. Zzzz) Now I understand why you see models on TV sleeping when the stylists do their hair and make up. Trust me. It takes FOREVER. 1 hour to do my make up. Maybe 1.5 hours to get my hair set. But the make up turned out to be nicer than the shooting session's one. Then we rushed down to M.O.S. at around 4+ and was supposed to start rehearsing when we realized that some of our outfits were missing. Rehearsal couldn't start proper till like 6+. Everyone was damn tired. Some of the models complained a little. Like the committee not organized and stuff like that. But I think they tried their best. The whole bash was quite last minute so inevitably can't be too organized.

Oh coming to my underwear part. Hahah. (I can see some hao4 se4 peoples' eyes light up and jiamin trying to skip this paragraph). You see, my first outfit was a little see through actually. So I bought 3 different coloured undies that morning to see the effect and it turned out to be more obvious than the one I wore for rehearsal the previous day. Luckily I washed it and brought it along. But it was wet coz couldn't dry in time. HAHA EEWWWWWWWWWWWWW. That's it. I'm disgusting. AHhaa. But I still tried to dry it under the hand dryer in the toilet though it was still a little wet when I wore it. EEEeeeeeeeeeeeee. And M.O.S. was SUPPPPERRR cold lah. I was like freezing inside. I shivered, like really shivered dunnoe how many thousand times that night.

And then I started getting calls. Like all my friends reached M.O.S. already then they wanted to wish me good luck that kinda thing. And here I really want to thank ALL of them for making the special effort of coming down to support me!!! I got my SMU 3.6 and 3.8ers, special screaming efforts going to claire and rulin. haha. And jiamin who shouted "xiao B xiao B". Idiot. And lovely econs 4.9ers who didn't turn up with my 100m long banner. But their presence was the best they could ever give. =) And my many many many outside friends who came Jussttt for me! Like Varun, Xunming, Lincoln, Huifen, Lihui, Jianwei, Kian Peng, Jon Pan and my greatt dota pals kok sing, ting yang, daniel, ben, larry and kaiwen (though he didn't come in the end coz he was sick. Aww) Big Big thank you!!!! *mUaksss* haa hope I didn't miss anyone =P

Then the whole show started. Surprisingly I wasn't scared. It's like. IT WAS THE BIG NIGHT!!!! Quite excited actually. I think its because I didn't go with any expectations so it was really like fun fun fun for me. I was like damn happy when I was doing the shows and stuff coz all my siao zha bor + siao da bor friends were literrally screammiinngg their lungs out to cheer for me. Like v touched lah. Haha but abit paiseh also then couldn't stop laughing.

I tell you my Q&A DAMN power! ahaha but it was pre-plannned. haha yup this is a confession. They gave us our questions at noon that day actually. And credit goes to JIAMIN who played a big big role in thinking up the gist (and only the gist. AHhaa i got to make an essay out of it!) of the whole answer for me!!!!

"As we all know you are the shortest contestant here, do you think it will put u at a disadvantage in winning the title of Miss Kooshi?"

"I think there's more than just height to winning the title of Miss Kooshi. Personality, confidence and characters very important too. As we know, Kooshi is a sleepwear company and sleepwear's meant to be worn when sleeping on the bed. Though I'm vertically challenged as compared to the rest of the contestants, I think it doesn't really matter coz on the bed, everyone's horizontal."

Power right? HAHAHAHA damn proud of my answer. If there's anything I'm proud of during the event, it's not my catwalk. It never was the catwalk. It was the Q&A and the "talentime" though I didn't think I sang well. But I was damn happy to sing on stage! Hhaa and I'm damn proud of my lovely friends too who cheered sooo super loud for me. Xie xie ni men!!!!

Then there was the second fashion show. If you noticed I was wearing a camisole and a black skirt. Haha I wasn't supposed to wear that actually. =P It was supposed to be the camisole and short shorts. Really short. Didn't cover my whole butt (ok maybe thats coz I got fat ass). So I wore a skirt over it, just like Samantha did, and we didn't tell kooshi beforehand coz they SURE nag and make noise one. Ahaha at the most they niao us abit after the catwalk thing only. =P

After that it was the talentime! Really got to thank lihui man. Got a SUPER SUPER hard time convincing him to sing with me! He's like the only guy I know who can reach Jay's pitch. Luckily I never zou yin!!! Heeeheee. Then cq passed me flowers while I was on the podium in front of everyone. So paiseh! (but happy also lah in front of so many pple wor got face hahaa)

Yup and then came the results! This time, daniel walked up and passed me flowers while I was on the podium. (Ego X2) I just couldn't stop smiling lah. I was trying to stop grinning on stage. Like wanted to act demure and sweet mah. And I still have to say that I can't believe I won the whole damnn pageant! When the whole thing ended everything was in a mess. Like I had to go find my bags and deposit them at the counter and I got 20+ SMSes in my hp waiting for me to reply. And I had to go and find SOO MANY friends who came down and support me coz need to thank them mah. Then I had my 1st clubbing experience in my whole life! I lost my clubbing virginity loh. Awwww. Wasn't as bad as I though. They say its coz its M.O.S. Zouk would have been more crowded and noisy and rowdy. But it was quite fun though I can't dance for nuts. The only place I dare to dance at was Retro Room. Heehee then ALL my friends wanted to buy me alcohol I was like NO WAY MAN. If I get drunk on Bacardi Breezer I think chances of me getting drunk by drinking with all my friends is literally 100%. I actually agreed to buying my friends one round of drinks before the whole event. Rulin and claire were like "Manchi you will win!" I said "No way man. I know where I stand lah." (totally zero confidence level ahha) Then they said "If you win you buy us one round of drinks and drink with us" I didn't even hesistate when I said "OK! No problem". Wah then in the end really win. Ahaha BUT I'm not complaining wor. Just that I had to pang seh them only. Save it for next time when I can hold my liquor better (that day will probably never come).

Oh I must bitch about two ang mohs! Haha right after I was "crowned", 2 of them walked up to me, hugged me, and just kissed me on my cheeks! Wahh I never got kissed before by guys whos not in a relationship with me. Abit weird. And embarassed. But I guess it's just the ang moh culture. Like jiamin would say, "who wants to chi your tou fu. Gei wo wo dou bu yao."

Actually I drank a little yesterday lah. But A LITTLE. With Xunming. Haha he came really like just for my event. And we were like quite close friends back in RJ. Always do stupid stuff together back then and share our problems. But he mixed alcohol with tea to dilute it lah. Like 9 portions of tea and 1 portion of alcohol. And I barely drank like 50ml of the drink. =P And then Jon bought me mocktail. Abit sweet. He showed me around the place too. Experienced clubber. Tsk tsk.

calvin sent me home after that. cq wanted to send me home too. But I didn't want to trouble him lah. He did so much stuff for me already then if I still let him send me back to Woodlands when he stays in Simei, then I'm quite a jialat person. Though I think cq would be happy if I let him send me back.. Jiamin msged/called me to ask if anyone was sending me back too. Aiya although he always very mean to me, but I know he very nice to me one. Like cares alot for me although he doesn't show it. I bet if I said nobody sending me back he would have offered. Like 100%. (coz he has secret crush on me! wAHAHAHAHAHhaa oh man I'm like defaming him here). Ohh must add here that Fang Fang gave me flowers too! Hehee Jilyn chongmeng and her shared it. Though Jilyn and chongmeng couldn't make it they still made the effort to share flowers with fang fang. Quite touched. =)

calvin was nice to carry the stuff back to my place for me. I had lots of barang barang man. Like 4 big bouquet of flowers and the Miss Kooshi bunny that is SUPER SUPER SUPER SUPER SUPPEERR cutee!!! Then we were both hungry so we made cup noodles at ate at my place. He left my place at 4+am and I went to bed without brushing my teeth. Hahahahahah EWWWWWWW. I was damn tired already la then today got make up class at noon somemore. Zzz.

But I'm quite sad coz I didn't like take many pictures yesterday. My parents are like overseas and they took the camera with them. =/ First time in a pageant and no memories. How sad! AHah hope the 4.9ers took nice pics and video! Yup and watch for my posts! I'll post the pics up when I get hold of them.

Oh I must thank the Bondue people too! (though they prob wun be reading my blog). For all the effort. Though everything was quite last minute and not very organized, but I think the whole event still turned out to be great. It wouldn't have been a success if not for them. And for people out there wondering what I got for being Miss. Kooshi, I got a 500 dollar voucher for Kooshi sleepwear and some "contract" for appearing on its catalog/shows if those people there need a model. But I won't be needing the voucher coz my staple sleepwear is old Tshirts and shorts. =) SO if you guys WANT to get your gfs Vday presents or if you girls wanna look SEXY at home, go too www.kooshi.com and see what you like k? I'll get them for you.

Ok I'm like running late for class. Abit sian. I won't be able to sleep until like maybe 9 or 10pm tomorrow because of the cognitare workshop. Till then!!!!

1 comment:

LCC said...

Congrats... Hmm... Looking at your answer, it seems that, despite your preference for taller guys, you are also a proud member of The Society For The Prevention of Discrimination Against Vertically Challenged People at heart... B-) Good for you...

Vertically Challenged People of the world unite!