Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I splurged 200 bucks in 15 minutes

There was sale in my office building today.

Lancome, Biotherm, Vichy, Loreal...

All super cheap la.

I spent like 194 bucks on everything.

No not make up products but like moisturizers and stuff. The guys in my office shook their heads and said, "high maintenance".

But I beg to differ. I think moisturizers, toners and such are really important. Actually my skin care regime started when I was 14. I still remember that my first skin care product was a moisturizer from H2O. My mum was very particular about hydration and she only buys branded skin care products for me. No it's not spendthrift. I think it's very important especially for a girl to maintain her skin. Otherwise her cheeks will like sag by late 20s and the skin will lose its shine. And it feels really good when people compliment your skin.

"Eh manchi your skin very good leh" (ok that was before my pimple outbreak). 2 weeks ago when Claire saw me at training the first thing she said was "manchi what happened to your face??!!!" Haha but yes my pimple outbreak is finally over but I actually spent like close to 200 bucks on mud masks, biotherm acne gels and stuff like that just to get rid of those zits. But no I don't regret spending those money. If not I'll prob have prolonged outbreak = more scars.

Yup so the moral of the whole story is that it is very important to take good care of your skin and buy good facial products from trusted brands. Protect, tone, hydrate, detoxify. It will probably cost a bomb. I spend close to 100 bucks each month on these kinda products but at the end of the day it's worth it.

And whatever I've just said is just to justify for the hole I've just burnt in my pocket. In 15 mins. 1/3 of my intern pay.

Sheeesshhh heart pain.

Nvm it's worth it.
(just keep psychoing myself)

No comments: