Monday, June 12, 2006

Smart Furby

You know the Furby toy thing?
The stupid furry bird/monster lookalike thing which knows how to talk?

I saw it at a toy fair just now.

The box says...
"Smart Furby can really understand you!"
"Furby will ask you a question and you only have to reply yes or no and Furby will talk to you!"
"Try me!"

So I stuck my finger into the hole in the plastic box and pressed Furby's tummy.

Furby's eyes opened.

Furby: "You.... me.... friends?" (FYI Furby sounded like a ghoul. Don't buy them for your kids unless you want them to have recurring nightmares. Singapore should ban the import of these birds. Or I'll start a revolution to boycott the stupid toy.)

Hmm So I'm supposed to answer Yes/No right?

Seriously, I don't really like the idea of being a friend of this ugly fat and lifeless bird which sounds like some undead. Hmm maybe Furby's got sorethroat. Hah! Another reason why the garh-ment should ban the import of these birds. Bird Flu.

Recalling Furby's proposal to be my friend,

ME: "NO"

Furby: "yaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy"

At least Furby is smart.

No comments: