After work today, this self proclaimed "hunky" intern from SMU smsed me.
Dun need say who. The thickest skin one. Only got one.
"why you so stone today. dun so sian intern ending already"
Actually I'm quite sick of Intern. Seriously go there dun need use my brains. Feels like I wasted my brains away this holidays. Better off taking a dance course. Shouldn't have done intern in year 2. Or maybe shouldn't have done intern in SMEs. The people there are nice. Work load is quite slack. But I rather have much heavier work load but do more important stuff. Like be part of decision making. Do some projects. Just let me use my brains la. Let me have more control. In how I wanna plan my things. How I wan to schedule my work. Yes I'm complaining but no I'm not complaining too. In the sense that I'm complaining coz I like it not even a bit. But I shouldnt' be complaining coz I was the one who settled for this intern and maybe other interns are taking this intern well but it's just my shit perfectionist I-need-to-be-challenged and I want to do something very meaningful character that makes me feel so Ewww at work. It's like doing things that don't require the intellect of an undergrad to do. They might as well hire part timers or temps. Bo bian. Cheap labor kena exploited. Temp gets like 1.1K we get 700 bucks.
Oh well. At least I still got other stuff on this hols so it's not like JUST INTERN. Or I'll really kill myself. I have my climbing for one. I haven't climbed for 2 weeks and I think my fingers have almost fully recovered and I've regained my strength. Going for level 2 course this Sun and next Sun then I can LEAD CLIMB! Woohooo damn exciting. And then I've got watershock stuff to do. I love being part of this. It's like now I'm in charge of marketing (and yes I'll do a good job because I have a good designer Mr Huang Yaolin with me). Last time Sports Bash I was the Finance Manager. And the thing about these events is that I feel like I'm in control. Like how I wanna settle my claims how I wanna collect receipts which forms I have to use. And now I get to choose the Watershock Logo, the design of the tshirt, source around for tshirt lobangs, I get to choose my own freaking models for the photoshoot and I get to decide on the photographer and designs of the all the posters, publicity and the booth and stuff like that. And I'm glad I have these things to keep me occupied and not going crazy over my intern.
And yes of course I'm still going out. Going to meet FAT Jianwei tmr, someone who was there to lend a ear and support me when my Sec 4 boyfriend and I broke up. Knew him for 8 freaking years. He never changed abit. Sat going to meet my dear fangfang Jilyn and Qiuping at Sentosa! Soo fun then we going to stay over. Jilyn's going for exchange soon. Will miss her crap and the KTV sessions and the sight of her qian bian face.
2.5 weeks more of Intern to do. Going to leave intern early. Emailed OCS Jannissis like last Thursday but she hasn't replied. Didn't know OCS was that inefficient. Maybe she Assistant Director so VERY BUSY. By tmr still dun hear from her I'll just email the Director instead. Grrr.
SORRY FOR THIS GRUMPY POST.
Friday, July 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment