Thursday, July 13, 2006

My first speed climbing competition

http://www.smf.org.sg/niscc/

Excited and scared at the same time. Some of the best climbers in Singapore will probably be there. But I'm damn scared to malu myself too. Like who the hell with half a year of climbing experience joins Open Category? Bo bian stupid competition goes by age group rather than experience level. I just hope to complete my climb like in 20 seconds? Haha that's like my goal la the champion for Rock On previously did it in 6 secs. Really spiderman already.

So what have I done to prepare myself for this competition?

Hmm was supposed to join with Calvin and Dexter +1 more to form a team then dilly dally then now gonna form team with Dexter, Terence and Pei Shan. 2 weeks left only till competition. Hur Hur.

At least I have 2 weeks to train.

And I can pray too.

Hope I don't over-train again. That time climb 4 times a week injure my fingers nearly couldn't feel them on my hands anymore had to rest w/o climbing for 2+ weeks. Don't wanna go through that again man. Cannot climb like cold turkey treatment like that. Ohh and I can lead climb/lead belay already!! So funnn.. (Norman like I said that time I'll be your lead belay slave on Sundays at Yishun ahhaa) Dunno who told me leading a route and top roping a route is like one digit grade difference. Think its the Yishun Safra Calvin. But I feel it's more like 2 alpha grade difference la. Like 5A to 5C or maybe 5A to 5B+ instead of 5A to 6A. One grade difference really ALOT leh.

Ooohh Stanley just booked the tickets to Krabi! So fun but my supposedly-roommate Apple might not be able to go. Huiting also. Less fun w/o them. =( Scarly Stanley and I same room that will totally KILL the fun of the whole Krabi trip. I can so imagine him pulling my hair and kicking and shoving me around in the room abusing me already.

Imagine waking up in the morning and after a nice hearty Thai breakfast we'll head to the mountains and try the 700+ routes there (and LEAD climb somemore. hur hur) Then we'll have lunch and go chill at the beach with the crystal blue waters... Or we'll go do some crazy shopping. Or go for CHEAP CHEAP massage. Omg I can already feel my muscles grinning ahhaa I am sooo happy!!!! At night we'll make new friends with all the climbers from different countries and of different Nationalities.. And when I reach SG again I'll probably Konk out and sleep for 3 days and 3 nights coz the trip is so damn tiring! And after a few more days school will reopen and I have 3 day week! Woohoo. Everything beats working at my workplace. <-- Emphasis added. 10 more days till my intern ends. This I seriously can't wait.

By the way, I wanna get a Chalk Bag + Krab + ATC (reverso is good. The normal one is fine too). CAN I HAVE MY BIRTHDAY PRESENT EARLY THIS YEAR? =p

No comments: